Shelter Week 2018
23rd to 27th December
- All volunteers must complete an induction session
- All of the induction sessions have been completed
- For inducted volunteers, please use the link above to access the volunteer shift booking system
Birmingham Christmas Shelter has been operating for over 40 years and became a registered charity in 1991.
We have a board of volunteer trustees, whose role is to manage the charity throughout the year.
Our aim is to offer food, warmth, shelter and companionship to homeless and lonely people in the Birmingham area, over the Christmas period.
Our doors are open to all, irrespective of gender, colour, race, religion or sexual orientation.
What we offer
- Food - Three hot meals and sandwiches
- Warmth - Overnight accommodation
- Companionship - Ability to interact with volunteers, entertainment and service providers
- Entertainment - Range of films and live entertainment
- Services - Professionals offering their service to guests